We are looking for an experienced, well-rounded web developer. You will play an important role on our web team adding new features as well as improving existing systems. Above all, your work will impact the way millions of users experience Flightradar24.
What you’ll do
- Support the growth of Flightradar24 sites and services to scale up for ever increasing volumes and visitors
- Render dynamic content on multiple browsers within exact design specifications using tools such as Zeplin or Avocode
- Design and serve new features via JSON APIs reading from multiple back-end data sources
- Maintain and improve high performance of API response times
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code
- Collaborate with back-end developers, product owners, and designers
Who you are
- Strong PHP programming experience including dynamic sites and API development
- Familiar with content management delivery networks to provide caching and static assets
- Experience with leading cloud platforms including virtual instances, storage and caching
- Moderate familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL and/or Postgresql
- Extensive experience interacting with APIs with AJAX/JSON and real-time Google maps
- Natural focus on high standards and thorough testing, delivering quality results to tight deadlines
- Familiar with modern version control systems, including git
- Proven ability to actively cooperate as a key member of a team including other web developers
- Strong written and spoken English (Swedish is not a requirement for this role)
Nice to haves
- Experience with 3D rendering including webgl, Cesium and three.js
- Familiar with collaborative design tools such as Zeplin or Avocode
- Relevant degree in computer science or similar including broad IT skills
- Dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices
- Understanding of internationalization and localization concerns and associated headaches
- Experience with payment integration systems such as Adyen and Paypal
- Passion for aviation in general and Flightradar24 in particular
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Professional customers include many of the largest companies in the aviation industry. At Flightradar24 you'll be part of a very international group (more than a dozen different nationalities represented) of tech-savvy aviation enthusiasts in our office in Stockholm, Sweden.
How to apply
Send applications by email with subject line "Web Developer" to careers [at] flightradar24.com. Applications should include a cover letter and your updated CV, both in PDF format. Candidates will be considered continuously so applying early is encouraged.
We look forward to hearing from you!