Site Reliability Engineer
Do you want to contribute to growing the world’s most popular flight tracking mobile application and website, impacting the way millions of users experience Flightradar24? Are you a versed in DevOps and automation with a side of system administration? Are you looking for a significant role working closely with fast-paced development teams? If you’re a match then we want to hear from you!
You are a talented and driven Site Reliability Engineer who enjoys close interaction with developers to consistently achieve high-quality results on a live and fast-growing environment. You are not afraid to both write code and manage Linux servers. An admin who wants infrastructure-as-code with a test-driven environment as a standard, has the drive for change and is not afraid to implement new technologies in an existing environment. You are a fan of continuous integration from a systems perspective and see highly available and scalable systems as the only way to build. You see the cloud as a compliment and extension to infrastructure but are comfortable building, running, and deploying in a data centre. You have previous experience working with environments that are constantly growing and understand the importance of growth planning and prediction. You will naturally assume the lead role continuing to scale our capacity for sustained growth.
What we expect you to have
- At least 2 years of professional operations experience using DevOps methodologies
- Strong Linux/Unix skills
- Experience with at least one scripting language and development methodologies (e.g. Python or similar)
- Cloud computing knowledge including AWS EC2, RDS, S3, Dynamodb (or similar in GCS and Azure)
- Container experience (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos etc)
- Operation and maintenance of monitoring systems (Datadog, CloudWatch etc)
- Experience with configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt etc)
- Proven ability to actively cooperate as a key member of a technical team, including working closely with developers and system administrators
- Strong written and spoken English - we welcome both Swedish and non-Swedish applicants but our office language is English
What we would like you to have
- Experience of deploying and tuning open source technologies including web servers, queuing and caching (e.g. Mysql, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis, Memcache etc)
- Well versed in continuous integration and automated deployment using Jenkins or similar
- Experience with building above technologies from the ground up, or building green field sites
- Familiar with best practice in achieving optimal costs as resources scale up
- Experience with micro-service architectures in production
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code with tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- An interest in flight tracking or aviation is a bonus
Flightradar24 provides the world’s most popular flight tracking service with millions of daily users, including many aviation professionals. You'll work with a very international group (over a dozen different nationalities represented) of tech-savvy aviation enthusiasts based primarily in our office in Stockholm, Sweden.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and insurance package
- Free coffee, soda, snacks and fruit in the office
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Great office in the heart of central Stockholm
- Flexible working hours
How to apply
Send applications by email with subject 'Site Reliability Engineer' to careers [at] flightradar24.com. Applications should include a cover letter and your updated CV both in PDF format plus relevant examples of previous work with details of your role. Candidates will be considered continuously so applying early is encouraged.
We look forward to hearing from you!