Senior C++ Developer
We are looking for an experienced, well-rounded C++ developer to join the team in our Stockholm, Sweden office or working remotely. You will play an important role on our backend team adding new features as well as improving existing systems. Above all, your work will impact the way millions of users experience Flightradar24.
What you'll do
- Develop Flightradar24’s backend systems using modern C++ and Python on a Linux platform
- Improve our flight tracking coverage with semi-embedded development for ADS-B receivers
- Design and implement big data flow and storage using both SQL and NoSQL storages
- Improve robustness of our systems using public cloud and Docker technologies
- Apply analytic and algorithmic skills to solve software design problems
Who you are
- You are an experienced C++ and Python engineer with at least 3 years of professional experience
- You have experience employing development best practices such as test-driven development, code reviews, continuous integration, etc
- You have experience with the C++ STL and boost, understanding of data structures and algorithms, including their efficiency
- You know how to design simple, performant and testable software
- Programming is more than a job for you and you enjoy technology projects at home too
- You have a successful track record of working remotely (if this is an option you are interested in)
- You have a university degree in computer science or similar
- You have strong written and spoken English
- If you have experience with aviation data standards including ADS-B, that’s a big plus
Flightradar24 provides the world’s most popular flight tracking service with millions of daily users, including many aviation professionals. You'll work with a very international group (over a dozen different nationalities represented) of tech-savvy aviation enthusiasts based primarily in our office in Stockholm, Sweden.
How to apply
Send applications by email with subject 'Senior C++ Developer' to careers [at] flightradar24.com. Applications should include a cover letter and your updated CV both in PDF format plus relevant examples of previous work with details of your role. Candidates will be considered continuously so applying early is encouraged.
We look forward to hearing from you!