Flightradar24 Blog

AvTalk Logo

AvTalk Episode 165: LufthITA Cruise Lines

On this episode of AvTalk, Jet Airways gets its AOC, Lufthansa and MSC Group bid for ITA Airways, and Boeing implements a new safety system.

Jet Airways returns

A reincarnated Jet Airways received its operating certificate this week. The airline originally ceased operations in 2019.

Lufthansa and MSC Group bid for ITA Airways

Lufthansa and shipping group MSC have jointly bid for 80% of ITA Airways, leaving the Italian government with a 20% stake in the airline. MSC Group would take 60% to Lufthansa’s 20% if the bid is accepted.

Air France teases new La Premiere cabin

Air France will be bringing its first class La Premiere cabin to additional aircraft and updating the cabin.

Boeing implementing new safety system

Boeing is implementing a new company-wide Safety Management System as it seeks to change the culture within the company that led to the crash of two 737 MAX aircraft and numerous quality issues with other aircraft projects.

Pilot union opposes raising retirement age

The Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) opposes two proposals proponents say will help ease the pilot shortage. ALPA says it opposes a plan to raise the pilot retirement age in the US above 65 as well as Republic Airways proposal to give their trainees an r-ATP at 750 hours.

Russian airlines can’t sell UK slots

Due to sanctions, Russian airlines can’t sell their slots for UK airports, which means they’ll lose them come October.

More 5G C Band fun

The 5G C band saga continues as the FAA issues new guidance on some radio altimeters that will need to be replaced within the year and others that will need to be replaced with a few years time.

IAG places 737 MAX order

IAG placed a MAX order this week, but it’s a far cry from previous intentions.

Welcome to Luton

A prankster has added a large Welcome to Luton sign just outside Gatwick Airport in London.

Let us know what you think (and let your friends know too!)

Thank you so much for listening! Like the podcast? Have suggestions for future shows? Let us know by leaving a review on iTunes. Reviews on iTunes not only help us make a better show, they help more people find the podcast! Want to send us additional feedback, just email us. And tell that friend who asked you for a podcast recommendation that AvTalk is the one they want to listen to next.

Share this podcast
Subscribe now
On The Radar Logo
Get weekly updates on Flightradar24 and have the latest aviation news land in your inbox.
Recent episodes

AvTalk Episode 218: Asiana’s open door policy

On this week’s episode of AvTalk, a passenger opens an exit door just before…

AvTalk Episode 217: The NEA is DOA

On this episode of AvTalk founder and editor of The Airline Observer, Brian Sumers,…

AvTalk Episode 216: Former NTSB Chair Robert Sumwalt

On this episode of AvTalk, former NTSB Chair and member of the FAA’s recently…

AvTalk Episode 215: Ryanair goes all in on the 737-10 MAX

On this episode of AvTalk, Ryanair commits to up to 300 Boeing 737-10 MAX,…

AvTalk Episode 214: Covered in bees!

On this week’s episode of AvTalk, a swarm of bees delays a Delta flight…

AvTalk Episode 213: Mo’ Engines, Mo’ Problems

On this episode of AvTalk, Boeing reports its first quarter results, more airlines are…
Listen and subscribe on:
On The Radar Logo

Get the Flightradar24 Aviation newsletter

Flight tracking and aviation industry news direct to your inbox

Aviation news comes quickly, so we want to bring more of the aviation world to you with our weekly Flightradar24 aviation newsletter - On The Radar.

On The Radar Logo