On this episode of AvTalk we welcome The Air Current’s editor-in-chief Jon Ostrower back to the show to discuss what some of the long-term effects of sanctions on Russia might be for the aviation and aerospace industries in Russia and around the world. We talk about Russian airlines and their flouting of lessor demands that their aircraft be returned and the effects that sanctions could have on global aerospace manufacturers.
Useful links related to this episode
- Text of the Cape Town Convention
- The Air Current article on the attempted repossession of an Aeroflot Airbus A321neo
- Playback of the Aeroflot A321neo flights
- Where Russian airlines are banned
- AvTalk Episode 153: Ukraine, Russia and the impact on aviation